These are the new HQ Prop 6x4.5" Bull Nose broad tip props (April 2015) 0645 bull nose (the name sux) - 1 * sets of 1 x CW(R) and 1 x CCW(standard) medium pitched multicopter FPV props. These are matched to 2212kv CarbonBird motors on 3S on Scarab 270 Air Knife mini Quad - 6x4.5 BN are best for bush-hacking extreme woodland flying FPV or racing. The tips are kept wide cord to allow them to hack thru leaves without breaking - They require almost NO balancing - They are tough, due to the ruggedised "tip" design (but less efficient - shorter flights - than a normal 6*4.5 as the prop does not have the taper necessary to reduce tip vortex's). Basically it's been designed to be tough - not to win an endurance comp - This colour version (GREEN this listing)
- FPV Prop for bush wacking - TOUGH
- Strong ABS plastic
- Super light weight 6.3grams/ prop - perfect for rapid speed changes - required to stabilise multiwiicopters
- Suits 2212kv - 3S - CarbonBird® motors or T-Motor navigator with 5mm hub
- 5mm ID lip - 3MM/4MM/5MM inserts included (you would have to drill out the lip with a reamer to use 6mm)
- Requires 9.1mm shaft height ; 5mm diameter shaft to mount it.
- These are high quality props for a great low price - made by HQ Prop - have passed all our MultiWiicopter tests - but you must adhere to safety warnings about props below - always.
- require almost NO balancing (always check every prop and use 800 grit wet-n-dry to remove any sharp edges at the leading edge of the blades)
Things we don't like so much
- Efficiency is lost by making the tip strong and blunt (Bull Nose) - the tip is effectively producing bigger vortex's - leading to reduced flight times compared to the normal 6*4.5 (see chart below)
- 2 props 6x4.5" as you see in Photo 1 at right - GREEN - 1* CW(R) and 1* CCW
- 3 insert sets *2 3/4/5mm (5mm normally used)
less Balancing - These HQProps are near perfect as supplied (true centres) - they require almost no balancing, if any at all - However you must check each and every prop yourself - BEFORE FLYING - on a balancer - we found none in 4 set needed balance - but its up to the user to check and if necessary balance for HD Video
Limitations - Do not exceed the max RPM 19,500 - replace any prop if damaged or crashed - You must understand the risk of flying a Quad with a damaged prop can result in the Multicopter crashing/falling and hurting a 3rd party or yourself - YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for this ! - props can cut - keep away from eyes! wear safety glasses ALWAYS !
Keep your PROPS OFF - not installed - until you are fully conversant/understand in full the functions of your Tx in full including TRAV (end Points), the arm and disarm procedures - realise that for a noob skiping or out-of-order set-up steps or moving sticks, or even static - PROPS may start at anytime without warning. Never install props prior to calibration of the ESC and testing the gyro orientation, and arm/disarm testing of the board - YOU are responsible - make sure your actions and your Copter is safe. PROPS can CUT ! take precautions ! Never fly closer than 30m to/from any person or pet
Question - Can it use this prop on other motors - ?
Check the diameter of your motor shaft is 5mm and the depth between the spinner and the base <7mm or less - then you can pop them straight on.