These are the new HQ Prop 12 x 3.8 SPOON high RPM props )- a matching set of 1 x CW(R) and 1 x CCW(standard) low pitched multicopter props. These are matched to the 888kv CarbonBirds on 4S. We have tested them to 8,600 RPM - They are tough and quite. they are amazingly similar to the APC Slow-Flyer-Props in that they have a strong and have no tendancing to pop out of track under 8600 rpm. We found they require a very small amount of balance tape for smooth ops
- Quiet - suitable for Hovering Ops
- Strong ABS plastic with carbon fibres in the plastic - black carbon composite
- light weight 15.3grams - perfect for rapid speed changes - required to stabilise multiwiicopters
- Scarabs -> We tested these on a 888kv Carbonbird at 100% throttle = 7971RPM ; 284 Watts ; 17.9Amps ; 15.84 Volts produced 1185g thrust - suits a 1.5->2kg Scarab Quad
- 6mm ID - 6MM/9.5MM staggered inside tapers - (requires a prop REAMER - NOT included) - comes with 3MM,4MM,5MM,6MM adapter rings. see detail photo above
- Requires 7.5mm shaft height ; 6mm diameter shaft to mount it.
- These are high quality props for a great low price - made by HQ Prop - have passed all our MultiWiicopter tests - but you must adhere to safety warnings about props below - always.
- requires slight balancing (always check every prop and use 800 grit wet-n-dry to remove any sharp edges at the leading edge of the blades)
- 2 HQProps as you see in Photo 1 at right - 1 CW(R) and 1 CCW 12"x3.8 with 6mm bore - these are not APC clones but are very similar to APC
Balancing - These HQProps are near perfect as supplied (true) - they require some minor balancing - you must check each and every prop yourself - BEFORE FLYING - on a balancer
Motor temps - generally we don't favour spoons as they have zero cooling air flowing over the motor - therefore they are suited to LOW DISC LOADING - if your multicopter is heavy - dont use them - they work well on light aircraft = a Triikopta at 950g or a Quad at 1.2g max using the 888kv Carbonbirds.
Limitations - Do not exceed the max RPM 8,600 - replace any prop if damaged or crashed - You must understand the risk of flying a Quad with a damaged prop can result in the Multicopter crashing/falling and hurting a 3rd party or yourself - YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for this ! - props can cut - keep away from eyes! wear safety glasses ALWAYS !
Keep your PROPS OFF - not installed - until you are fully conversant/understand in full the functions of your Tx in full including TRAV (end Points), the arm and disarm procedures - realise that for a noob skiping or out-of-order set-up steps or moving sticks, or even static - PROPS may start at anytime without warning. Never install props prior to calibration of the ESC and testing the gyro orientation, and arm/disarm testing of the board - YOU are responsible - make sure your actions and your Copter is safe. PROPS can CUT ! take precautions ! Never fly closer than 30m to/from any person or pet
Question - Can it use this prop on dji motors - ?
As supplied - NO - not suited - this type of prop is perfect for a Scarab TriiKopta running 888kv motors on 4S - this will give best efficiency - ie a bigger prop turning slower - but are NOT suited to fast-forward ops due to their low pitch of 3.8 - these are hover props for long peroids of hovering.