DE-Pinned FrSky X4R-SB pcb - this Australia version has NO PINS / Nil pins so is smaller and used by expert drone pilots to reduce size and weight - FrSky X4R-SB is the HERO drone Rx MINI radio receiver of all time - only 5.8g with SBus (& CPPM - NOTE : X4R SB to PPM/SBus ? - effective 19.2.2016* combined PPM on X4RSB the CPPM can be activated by the user by during bind by jumpering pins 2&3 - CPPM to PIN1 - Sbus on PIN4 ; pin 1 outputs PPM channels 1-8, pin 2 outputs PWM Ch9, pin 3 outputs PWM Ch 10, and pin 4 outputs either PWM Ch11 in X4R or S.Bus on X4RSB. If you want to go back to non-PPM mode, bind receiver again, without jumper on pins 2 and 3.) X4R SB offers full telemetry hubless ! - full range 1.5km - features the best fuctionality available in the RC world today in 2016 at an amazing low price point - With 3Ch traditional or 16Ch SBus output and includes the new Hubless sensor SmartPort - Smartport offer an unlimited number of sensors starting with the essential cell-by-cell telemetry data - real time voltages on the ground - high sensitivity Vario/altimeter(sensors are not included - sold separately) and hubless GPS
Question How can i feed SBus to a PARIS AIR Hero v2? Answer = set the X4R to PPM (see above note jumper 2&3 during bind) - then code PARIS AIR v2 for CPPM - The big advantage to AIR v2 of CPPM? Cell-by-Cell telemetry with FVLSS and 4+4Channels (thats 4 AUX switches you can setup - not 2) and if you fit the SmartPort GPS - a full datalog of your FPV flight track saved onto the Taranis SDCard - or if you prefer live BARO voice annunciations of your altitudes in a Knife vertical race.
Question How can i feed SBus to a PARIS v5r3 ? Answer = use the MultiWiiCopter.com SBus Inverter cable HERE - see photo below - Then recode v5r3 for SBus Pin 19
- Dimension 40*22.5*6mm
- Weight 5.8g - perfect for mini's
- Number of Channels 3/16CH (1~3ch from conventional channel outputs, 1~16ch from SBUS port ; optionally if bound with a jumper on PINS 2&3 C-PPM Ch1-8 are also output on PIN1
- RSSI pwm output analog voltage output (0~3.3V) via internal solder pad if required (PARIS v5 can access this via SMart port if connected with a Sbus inverter)
- Operating Voltage Range 4.0~10V (5v recommended)
- Operating Current 100mA@5V
- Operating Range full range (>1.5km-2.0km) Antenna CANNOT be blocked by Carbon ! Set antenna at 90°
- Firmware Upgradeable - FrSky X4R Firmware updates are HERE
combined PPM on X4RSB the CPPM can be activated by the user by during bind by jumpering pins 2&3 - this will provide access to Ch9 and ch10 for video switch, retracts etc
- All 16 channels requires SBus (pin4) and a FrSky Taranis Tx, or the XJT module.
- 8 Channels via C-PPM on pin 1
- FrSky Modules -> Taranis XJT only - does NOT work with D-Series modules !
- Works with Sbus capable Autopilots - such as PARIS v5 on pin 19 - user must code PARIS for Sbus
- Works with PARIS AIR provided you are using the optional Sbus->C-PPM cable (NOT INCLUDED sold separately) ; and PARIS Sirius AIR is coded for C-PPM
1 x Frsky X4R-SB Rx only - DE-Pinned verson ; With Standard wires 150mm antenna (be sure to set them 90° apart)
1 x cover black - for DIY install after DIY soldering the Rx to the AIR3 flight controller
1 x SPort wires
1 x jumper
If operating on or near salty air near the coast/beach then you must take steps to protect the pins on the Rx for long term use - we recommend Lanox - remove excess with an air nozzle
Excludes sensors - this example below an A2 voltage is supplied by using a FBVS-01 - this has been DIY soldered to pins(not included) for the LiPo balance tab as shown here below with FrSky X4R A2 port connected to the FBVS-01 and the 3S LiPo Pins - the A2 voltage is then activated in the Taranis telemetry section and a Play Value assigned to a switch.
Note/Warning: If the failsafe settings are not pre-set by the user/pilot, failsafe default will hold last position before signal is lost. In this case, there exists risk that your model will fly away or cause injury.
FrSky Has developed new firmware for the X4R-SB that allows it to run CPPM outputs by placing a jumper across signal pins 2 and 3 during binding.
How to Update the firmware for FrSKY X4R to CPPM : To avoid any issues - be sure to do your X4R connection sequence exactly as per the MWC Team method below -
First you need and FUC3 & a SPC
- disconnect your X4R from the Air32 Hero flight controller
- connect the FrSKY FR-USB3 + the SPC sold here (together) , then plug both the FUC3 & SPC into your PC USB port (X4R is not connected yet)
- Run the PC Win 7 Win10 software called FrSky_update_Sport.exe - download HOST software for PC here
- Check that your PC COMMPort (can be any number such as COMM PORT 3 or COMM PORT 6) is correctly selected and enabled
- Click "File" - then Select the appropriate FrSky Firmware File (at your own RISK) - file ends in .frk - DOWNLOADS - downloads from FrSky are HERE (at your own risk) for example the X4R firmware is called X4R-X4RSB_cppm_non-EU_150630.frk
- Now - lastly plug the device such as X4R into the other end of the cable (the white 4 pins side port on the X4R)
- Click "download" and wait for success - done