These are the new Dal super strong Prop 5x4.5" high RPM props (Oct 2015) 0545 - These are well matched to 2400kv CarbonBird motors on 4S on Scarab 270 Air Knife-mini for extreme speed fast flying FPV or racing. amazingly - They require almost NO balancing - They are tough and quite.
How do they compare? there is no agreement on props - each pilot will have his own prop story - but Sometimes its annoying to have to do a prop change everytime you have a small incident with a racegate, a hidden branch of a tree or the ground that follows - these props will ensure the "incident" wont have walking back for tools - they are ideal for those days when you are exploring, pushing thru leaves and trying new stunts.
Why are the tips NOT tapered down? Blunt nose/ Bull nose? This type of hack produces more tip trust at the expense of efficiency - so you get "pop" but lose flight time from the bigger tip vortex - the other reason pilots like bull nose tips is they dont normally shatter as easily on impact with the ground - but overall its strength issue rather than an aerodynamic masterpiece ( a well-designed prop is always tapered to the tip)
- SUPER Strong - this type plastic has a memory - if bent will stay bent - be carefull not to fly without straightening them first - poor tracking (vertical offset) can cause IMU issues
- Super light weight 3.8grams/ prop - perfect for rapid speed changes
- 5mm ID bore
- Requires 7.2mm shaft height ; 5mm diameter shaft to mount it.
- These are high quality props for a great low price - but you must adhere to safety warnings about props below - always.
- require almost NO balancing (always check every prop and use 800 grit wet-n-dry to remove any sharp edges at the leading edge of the blades)
- 4 Rev3 DALprops 5x4.5" 0545 as you see in Photo 1 at right - RED - 2 CW(R) and 2 CCW
requires Balancing - These DAL Props are ok - they require some balancing, if any at all - However you must check each and every prop yourself - BEFORE FLYING - on a balancer - its up to the user to check and if necessary balance for HD Video
Limitations - Do not exceed the max RPM 25,500 - replace any prop if damaged or crashed - You must understand the risk of flying a Quad with a damaged prop can result in the Multicopter crashing/falling and hurting a 3rd party or yourself - YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for this ! - props can cut - keep away from eyes! wear safety glasses ALWAYS !
Keep your PROPS OFF - not installed - until you are fully conversant/understand in full the functions of your Tx in full including TRAV (end Points), the arm and disarm procedures - realise that for a noob skiping or out-of-order set-up steps or moving sticks, or even static - PROPS may start at anytime without warning. Never install props prior to calibration of the ESC and testing the gyro orientation, and arm/disarm testing of the board - YOU are responsible - make sure your actions and your Copter is safe. PROPS can CUT ! take precautions ! Never fly closer than 30m to/from any person or pet
Question - Can it use this prop on other motors - ?
Check the diameter of your motor shaft is 5mm and the depth between the spinner and the base <7mm or less - then you can pop them straight on.